Brad speaks with Kyle J. Howard, a theologian and counselor trained at a Southern Baptist Seminary. He discusses his conversion at 18 at a Black Church in Georgia, his journey to ministry as a counselor of racial and spiritual trauma, and his insider perspective of the calculation made by leaders in the Southern Baptist Convention.
It goes like this:
- Demonize Critical Race Theory in order to divert attention from the sexual abuse scandal.
- Anticipate losing a number of Black pastors and churches, along with other POC.
- Retain political influence and the majority of White pastors and churches.
- Overall, stoke fear in order to shape the denomination into a certain mold.
- Steady the losses the denomination has experienced in recent years.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Support our show by becoming a premium member! https://swaj.supportingcast.fm